IMPORTANT - Submission of postgraduate end-of-year essays & dissertations
This is only a summary - for full and detailed information please refer to your MA or MRes programme handbooks. The cover sheet can be found here.
Please note the following:
- In your essay or dissertation the first page (in the same document) must be the 'Postgraduate End-of-year Essay / Dissertation Coversheet' and you must not use your name anywhere on your work, ONLY your Student ID number.
- If you have a special education need (e.g. dyslexia, dyspraxia) that you have notified the College about, then you must contact Dominic McLoughlin, the Student Support Manager, for your coversheet firstname.lastname@example.org
- For details on word count, presentation and referencing, apart from your programme handbook, you must refer to the Heythrop Style Guide which is available on Helios in Student Information under
- While submitting your work, in the 'Submission Title' box you must
only put your Student ID.
- All work for assessment must be submitted on Helios. You must not send your work directly to any member of academic or administrative staff as this will not be accepted. (And please remember that the Help Desk
email@example.com only accepts emails sent from Heythrop college email accounts.)
- For end-of-year essays and dissertations only the Exemptions Committee is able to grant deferred assessment, but only for serious and compelling reasons. The reasons should be serious and beyond your control. Your application will only be considered if supporting documentary evidence is provided.
- The results of the end-of-year essays and dissertations will only be available
after the meeting of the Board of Examiners in late October.
- You must keep your own work secure, and you are advised to keep a back-up of any work (computer failure is not an adequate reason for non-submission of work).
- There are Tutorial Preparation documents available on Helios in the Student Information section which you may find useful.
- If you wish to carry out any research involving human participants while writing your essay/dissertation, this needs to be approved first by the college’s Ethics Committee; there is a special form that you need to complete and submit for approval.
The submission dates are (always by 3.00pm):
- End-of year essays: Monday 10th June 2013
- Dissertation / full-time students: Monday 2nd September 2013
- Dissertation / continuing full-time students (with approved deferral): Monday 10th June 2013
- Dissertation / part-time student completing in two years: Monday 2nd September 2013
- Dissertation / part-time students completing in third (or subsequent) year: Monday 10th June 2013
(Edited by Mariann Jakab [Heythrop Staff] - original submission Monday, 15 April 2013, 12:30 PM)
(Edited by Mariann Jakab [Heythrop Staff] - original submission Monday, 15 April 2013, 12:42 PM)